Register
Login

Crashing on start-up

hot post sticky 1042 20
Hi, i also have an acer and my laptop will play the total war games on lowered graphics, yet this game crashes 30 seconds in with the lowest settings possible?  Do you have a rough timeline when this game will have performance updates to allow us to play with out any crashes?

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager
Hi, i also have an acer and my laptop will play the total war games on lowered graphics, yet this game crashes 30 seconds in with the lowest settings possible?  Do you have a rough timeline when this game will have performance updates to allow us to play with out any crashes?

Performance enhancements are ongoing. EotU runs on Unreal Engine 4 - a modern 3D graphics engine and not a custom-built RTS engine like the Total War series has. If your system is below the minimum specifications on the store page then you should expect issues. Like I said, we're continually improving the efficiency of the code so over time more lower-end hardware will be covered - but we can't guarantee support for below minimum spec.

if i have a laptop whit this info

CPU: INTEL 4CORE  N4200
RAM 4GB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 1024MB
OpenGL: 4.4

i can play the demo of 32bits, before, so i ask, can i play this new version?

The game asks to install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime
reinstalled this program, the game does not start up and again asks to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime

reinstalled this program, the game does not start up and again asks to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime

I read the forum in Steam
there is such a problem for several people.
and no one has found a solution to this problem

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager

I read the forum in Steam
there is such a problem for several people.
and no one has found a solution to this problem

It's not just EotU - lots of UE4 games have a similar issue. Is your Windows installation up-to-date?