Register
Login

Is Insane Mode Possible?

veryhot post 5529 73
I have beaten all Levels on Insane now except Level 2.1 because of those patrolling tiger beatles on the lowest level I have to change the way I play hence there is no more "free" food and a lot more dead ants if you are not carefull.

I don't know if Level 1.2 is still an issue for anyone but the best way for me to beat it is building your nest so clever that the slaver ants can barely steal any of your larvae and be fast as hell but to not to fast so leavve the last upgrade open for the perfect time an get lots of high level soldier ants to protect the queen and larvae

I'd go for going underground only on D1 (plus food just outside the nest) in 2.1 personally, as it's more consistent than needing to go down any levels. 
And on the sixth day, God created ant in his own image, and gave them dominion over the earth and all of its creatures.  Amen.

I beat the the 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2 with challenge, but the 2.1 took me 1 week playing on insane without the chalenge mode, but with the chalenge activated i canエt do it. all the levels are balanced but 2.1 with chalenge needs an analysis.  :( :(

Boy getting 30 workers and 10 to 15 spitters at Level 2.1 on the first night is really hard in the youtube vids it looks a lot easier I have a lot less food to use hence i have only have the food tiles and the workers are on no attack mode anyhow, well every second counts and maybye I need some more fine tuning.

Made it to night 2 on level 2.1 on insane boy the spiders are cripling on hard mode but on insane they are worse of course I think i made the mistake to fight the tiger beetles before cleaning out the rest of the nest.

Boy getting 30 workers and 10 to 15 spitters at Level 2.1 on the first night is really hard in the youtube vids it looks a lot easier I have a lot less food to use hence i have only have the food tiles and the workers are on no attack mode anyhow, well every second counts and maybye I need some more fine tuning.

I'd build less workers during the night, wait till the end.  Better to make 20-25 spitters and only maybe 15 workers. 
And on the sixth day, God created ant in his own image, and gave them dominion over the earth and all of its creatures.  Amen.

I'd build less workers during the night, wait till the end.  Better to make 20-25 spitters and only maybe 15 workers.

Yeah tha's what  i did I went heavily for the spitters On Night 2 during the 3rd spider rade i had between 30 and 40 spitters i guess still no chance tough

I値l take a look at insane mod for 2.1, and I値l try to upload it to YouTube. I値l link the video if it ever gets made!
Watch my show.

I値l take a look at insane mod for 2.1, and I値l try to upload it to YouTube. I値l link the video if it ever gets made!

Can't wait.  It's nice to have videos of multiple people completing insane. 

I've got OBS, expect a video by Friday, and I'll post a link.
Edit - This is more difficult than I imagined. My usual strategy of slaughtering hermit crabs through out the night isn稚 going to work this time.
Edit 2 - Night 2 is absolutely horrendous. I don't think I can beat 2.1 on insane mode. Maybe another level.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:51:42 AM by Guy Fieri »
Watch my show.

I would definitely try to beat the 1.X levels and their challenges first, and probably 2.2 before 2.1 as well.  2.1 is by far the hardest level in the game at this time. 

I've completed all but maybe 1.1 on medium and challenge mode. I'll do 2.2 insane.

Edit: The game gets really laggy and the audio starts stuttering as soon as I record, maybe I'll have to just post a screenshot instead. The game was laggy and the models didn't load, but the actual video, it was basically a slide show.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:30:53 AM by Guy Fieri »
Watch my show.

You may want to test if you get better performance from something like NVIDIA shadowplay, or the Xbox's game capture feature (available to Windows 10 users). 

I値l look into that maybe.
Watch my show.