Register
Login
  • Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager
We have activated the beta for Freeplay and are opening it up to all owners on Steam! If you'd like to participate and are familiar with joining beta branches on Steam, here is your access code:

betatestants

If you're not, please follow the instructions in this post on our Steam forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/463530/discussions/0/3211505894108961652/

That post also has a detailed changelog; there have been many fundamental changes to the game that this update introduces.

Note that the beta is Windows only. We're likely to release it for Mac and Linux a short while before the end of the beta period to ensure things are working properly.

As an added bonus, we're also adding in the Battle Arena at the same time! This mode allows you to test creature army compositions against each other to see how they work. Find it in the "Other Modes" main menu option along with Freeplay.

We're interested on hearing your feedback with regards to balance, glitches and crashes. Note that the beta version does not have saving, but the final release of this update will - so for now if you'd like to have a good long session, free up your afternoon!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:02:27 PM by Mike »

I've got the open beta on my game, but when I join the game, the "other modes" section looks like it did before... I can't click on anything except for the four demo levels.

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager
I've got the open beta on my game, but when I join the game, the "other modes" section looks like it did before... I can't click on anything except for the four demo levels.

Do you see the "Battle Arena" option below Freeplay?

No, there is no battle arena. I'm on mac btw.

hell yea
UR MOM GAY dont take it seriously

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager

That'll be the issue - beta is for Windows.

What! I'm on a Mac, too! When can do we get to freeplay?! AH!!!!!!!!!

seriously, man... the freeplay announcement made my day, then I found out the beta doesn't work on mac and my little ant heart broke in two  :'(

Mike is there a place that we should specifically place feedback for Freeplay or should we just make threads in suggestions?

That'll be the issue - beta is for Windows.

I guess you guys don't have plan to make beta work in linux for now..

So, is there a place to send feedback?

Excellent news! Expect some feedback during the week.

**UPDATE**

-Right away I can tell you the game crashes when you Restart a match. I have the dmp files if you would like them.

-Just got through with a 5-6 hour game, with a 3 hour pause. No crashes.

-The difficulty seems to ramp up even when "constant" difficulty is selected. Multiple nights in a row brings this out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:02:35 PM by HEXEN »
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!

Does the ramp with spikes difficulty is infinitely more hard ?
In the game of ants, you play or you die.

And will we can attack the rival ennemy colony ?
In the game of ants, you play or you die.