Register
Login

Updates @ GOG

normal post 119 3
Hello EotU-Team,

can we please have the beta-updates @ GOG too?
The version @GOG is still at 0.11421.

I did buy this game a view days ago and love it so far. (Rushed throug the campaign in 1 session ;-)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager
Through no fault of its own GOG is unlikely to get the beta. Our dev team size is 3 and we need to concentrate resources to get things done in a timely fashion.

John is well into working on the save system, and after that he has a few issues to address before Freeplay goes to all early access users.

Hello Mike,

thank you for the reply.
I did read the forums here and at steam, so i already know of your small team and your progress.

It feels a bit like not being part of an early access - game if i dont have early access to the content. No offense, but maybe you should rethink releasing EA at GOG if you cant, or dont want to support it there. If I had known of your approach with making a beta of a beta, where the betabeta is only available at steam i would have bought the game there. As GOG-User i feel quite disadvantaged and more of a "backer" then part of an EA.

As i said... No offense... Things already happened and i am looking forward to the next release.

(Sorry for any grammars. English is not my native language.)

• Mike

• Colony
    Administrator
    Global Moderator
    Community Manager
Hello Mike,

thank you for the reply.
I did read the forums here and at steam, so i already know of your small team and your progress.

It feels a bit like not being part of an early access - game if i dont have early access to the content. No offense, but maybe you should rethink releasing EA at GOG if you cant, or dont want to support it there. If I had known of your approach with making a beta of a beta, where the betabeta is only available at steam i would have bought the game there. As GOG-User i feel quite disadvantaged and more of a "backer" then part of an EA.

As i said... No offense... Things already happened and i am looking forward to the next release.

(Sorry for any grammars. English is not my native language.)

You will get all full early access releases at GOG - just not this freeplay beta. It's not going to be extended - basically as soon as John gets the save system working we'll be making it general and updating all store fronts.