Empires of the Undergrowth Boards > General Discussion

Screen Shot Saturday - A Minor Issue

(1/4) > >>

Mike:
After the minims, the next smallest members of Leaf Cutter society are the minors. Being substantially bigger than the minims, these ants join the foraging trails, tend to larvae, cut and collect leaves, and help defend the nest from predators and other threats.

In Empires of the Undergrowth, Leaf Cutter minors will take on a very similar role to the worker ants from the current species. There are still two more castes of Leaf Cutters to show, so come for next week's #ScreenshotSaturday to have a look at the next!

Rayalot72:
Two worker roles? :o

That'll be fun to manage.  I assume we'll be scaling our minim population based on fungus garden size and minor population based on colony size.  Depending on the level design, I'm also expecting them to be either early-game harvesters or the optimal passive harvester choice. 

Inb4 the "taunt" ability makes them or minims combat-effective. 

MrCed2003:
There are many workers in the leaf-cutter society. The large ones cut leaves off of the plant, then smaller ones cut the leaf further down, and then, it becomes even smaller as another ant cuts it into smaller pieces. Then the leaf pieces are fed to the fungus, were it will then give food to the colony. The transport of the leaves also have two different workers helping out. One carries it, while the other stands guard on the leaf, fighting off parasitic wasps, hoping to lay their eggs.

Serafine:
I assume the minims will be part of the fungus garden tiles and not actually be controllable by the player (which would make sense as those ants don't really do anything other than tending the fungus - even the brood is usually cared for by the minors).

Mike:

--- Quote from: Serafine on July 09, 2018, 09:23:07 AM ---I assume the minims will be part of the fungus garden tiles and not actually be controllable by the player (which would make sense as those ants don't really do anything other than tending the fungus - even the brood is usually cared for by the minors).

--- End quote ---

Correct!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version