Empires of the Undergrowth Boards > Bugs / Troubleshooting

Lagging/Freezing

(1/2) > >>

blaminack:
Last night I experienced lagging/freezing. When beginning this post, I realized my whole system was lagging, not just the game. I had only been playing the game all day. Hadn't done anything else. I had played all the modes switching back and forth, reloading, restarting, starting new games, etc... I been working on another Freeplay and after 30 minutes or so, things started lagging, or freezing. I thought I would try reloading the level from last saved, which was from the beginning, and it continued. I checked the process details in Task Manager and it was only using 1.5 megs memory, 25-80% CPU (Spikes), 90-98% GPU.

After exiting the game fully, all was back to normal and no lagging/freezing. Nothing at all.

I loaded my save and play another hour with no further issues. No clue what was causing it.

jaxmthemirc:
If you have been playing it nonstop it likely was leaking memory... Happens with alot of games to be honest. If your GPU was maxing out at 90%+ and CPU spiking up to 80%, it does sound like your PC may be slightly dated and simply does not handle extended uptime that well.

John:
This could indeed be a memory leak. Will keep it in mind when we do further testing. Glad to hear closing and re-opening sorted the issue!

blaminack:
Well, it is a year or so old.

Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 with 1920 x 1080 display.

I run World Of Tanks full graphics with no problem, even before the new graphic engine they released this year.

blaminack:
Oh! And thanks for the replies and the great game!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version